Gibson Hotel Management Inc.
409 Montbrook Lane
Knoxville, TN 37919
865-539-0588 : P
865-539-0559 : F
BRAND & MARKET INTELLIGENCE
Our portfolio of hotels consists of lodging facilities predominantly affiliated with Hilton, Marriott, and IHG brands. Due to our extensive affiliation with these strong, internationally recognized franchisers, we fully understand each premium brand’s market positioning and its level of appeal to consumers in any given market. Many competing hotel management organizations have portfolios which consist of numerous brands, which is a detriment to their respective staffs being able to study a brand, its amenities, and the product’s relationship with consumers. Our entire team is thoroughly familiar with the lodging products we manage, develop, and invest in.
Corporate Management Team
Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, our corporate management team is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the award winning hotels in our portfolio. Under the leadership of CEO and Founder Michael Gibson and President, Chief Operating Officer Robert Webster, a strong team of dedicated professionals has been assembled and we continue to expand our portfolio of premium brands in investment grade markets.
Operations & Third-Party Management
Our reputation with lenders, investors, and premium franchisers is rooted in values we hold dear, such as: ethics, financial stability, and integrity. We believe in an interdependent business & global environment, and as such, align ourselves with a “win-win” philosophy for all parties involved in any given venture. GHMI has nearly four decades of experience in developing and managing award winning lodging establishments through various economic cycles.
Sales & Marketing
Sales & Marketing delivers the greatest opportunity to increase profitability. Therefore, in order to ensure greater occupancy with increased sales and revenue year after year, each hotel requires a unique marketing plan. With GHMI, you will achieve maximum returns on your hotel investment through our meticulous and long-standing approach to Sales & Marketing. We construct a custom marketing strategy that will be most effective for your hotel. Through Direct Sales, Revenue Management, eCommerce, and Global Sales, the foundation of our continued success is proven - and you will reap the rewards of our results-driven and highly qualified team. At GHMI, we know revenue enhancement.
Revenue Management & eCommerce
- Brand Specialists
- On Demand Systems Training
- Strategy Audits and Implementation
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and Execution of Strategies
- System Audits
- Pre-Opening, De-Flagging and Re-Flagging
- Social Listening Monitoring
- Application and Program Training
- Online Channel Content and Graphic Monitoring
- Digital Marketing Contribution
- Due Diligence for Online Space Applications
- Guidance of marketing-plan development and execution of revenue enhancement strategies
- Development and implementation of marketing and advertising campaigns and materials
- Extensive and proprietary sales training programs
- Application of tools and systems, for effective tracking and implementation of strategies
- Focus on shifting share through evaluation of competitive intelligence
- Brand maximization
- Vendor relationships/preferred pricing
- Recruiting and development of qualified sales leaders
- Global sales
- Established relationships with Fortune 500 Companies
- Brand maximization
- Mega Agency presentations
- Trade Show representation
Memberships and Affiliations
- GBTA, Global Business Travel Association
- SGMP, Society of Government Meeting Professionals
- NTA, National Tour Association
- MPI, Meeting Professionals International
- SYTA, Student Youth Travel Association
- ABA, American Bus Association
- Tourism Cares, we are a NTA strategic partner in philanthropy awarding grants, scholarships, and participate in volunteer programs preserving treasured natural, cultural and historic sites.
- If you are not satisfied with the performance of your property, contact GHMI for an audit of your current sales/revenue enhancement strategies and we will provide recommendations at no obligation. We look forward to working with you and we are invested in your success.
GHMI’s Accounting team offers a full range of accounting services. A few services we provide include:
- Property Insurance
- Property taxes
- Property Audits
- New GM Training
- Credit card processing/Merchant services management
- Annual budgets
- Cash flow projections
- Partner distributions
- Construction accounting for PIP’s and new builds
- Capital Reserve /FF&E Replacement reserve management
- Monthly financials
We consider our team members the nucleus of our company and pride ourselves on recruiting, molding, and retaining high quality individuals to serve at our hotels and in corporate leadership positions. As a recipient of multiple awards from Marriott, Hilton Worldwide, and InterContinental Hotel Group, our commitment to taking care of our team members has yielded a positive return on investment.
GHMI is able to benefit its investors and partners through strategically coordinated purchasing programs. Our team negotiates directly with vendors to obtain the highest quality, modern products at the lowest possible prices. This feature of our service portfolio allows our management, marketing, and sales team to focus their efforts on providing high quality service to each hotel’s valued guests.
Gibson Hotel Management & Development Inc.’s leadership team is able to provide oversight of any hotel asset’s operational projects, such as purchasing & selling, managing insurance, and property taxes, to name a few.
Food & Beverage
GHMI is able to provide purchasing efficiencies, efficient designs, and thorough training and support for team members in the F&B. We are able to ensure that attractive and high quality products reach our guests while incorporating a streamlined strategy. With high cleanliness and maintenance standards, systems and controls, and a sincere commitment to the positive experiences of our guests, GHMI is uniquely suited to manage any F&B operation.
Construction, Renovation, & Facilities Management
Our in house facilities management team has overseen an extensive portfolio of premium branded hotels from Hyatt, Hilton Worldwide, IHG, and Marriott. Through our knowledge of industry trends and hotel ownership mindset, we are able to mold the finished product of each hotel construction or renovation project on budget, on time, and make certain each endeavor has sustainable value and appeal to hotel guests.
INVESTMENT & DEVELOPMENT
GHMI views real estate investment with an owner’s perspective, as our founder and CEO, Michael Gibson, is an investor and owner of many hotels.
Historically, our capital pool has consisted of a network of high net worth individuals which we still enjoy partnerships with today. Our leadership understands that we must continue to grow in order to capitalize on favorable opportunities wherever they may arise, and this vision opens the door for joint venture possibilities and with new investors on a situational basis.
GHMI professionals examine each prospective opportunity in terms the mix of market demand, timing, market cycles, ROI, and long term trends of the local and national economy. We prefer markets with strong growth potential, and while our investments are currently heavily concentrated in the Southeast, we remain an opportunistic investment, management, and development entity and are open to pursuing attractive opportunities nationwide.
Gibson Hotel Management & Development, Inc. is able to operate as a hybrid partner where we are both equity participants and managers of the lodging asset. We also welcome the opportunity to manage hotels in which we are not equity participants and allow our partners to benefit from our sophisticated and professional “owner-operator” model.
Whether your interest is to joint venture with Gibson Hotel Management and Development, Inc. in a project you’ve conceptualized, or to invest in the development and acquisition opportunities in our current pipeline, please contact us at GHMI at 865-539-0588.
Gibson Hotel Management Inc. has constructed several high quality projects since its inception in 2000. These projects range from the development of upscale select-service hotels such as Hilton Garden Inn, to premium limited service hotels such as Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites by Intercontinental Hotel Group, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, and SpringHill Suites by Marriott. We look forward to continuing our already strong relationship with the aforementioned industry leading franchisers.
We take tremendous pride in delivering our projects on time and on budget. Every prospective market and site selection is backed by third party feasibility studies and proforma financial evaluations.
Gibson Hotel Management, Inc. also seeks to acquire and reposition under-performing lodging assets with value creation opportunities. We are an opportunistic acquirer of hotels which can be re-branded to premium brands in high growth markets.
Renovation & Repositioning
Utilizing our renovation and repositioning skills acquired throughout 40 years of experience in the hotel industry, we are able to deliver a quality product consumers can enjoy for the short and long term. Our design and expertise decisions are formulated with an eye towards the future. Our strategic repositioning initiatives are rooted in knowledge of the demographic our hotels target, the demand generators in the immediate and greater area, and trends in the local economy.
Acquisition Criteria & Requirements
- Acquire asset below replacement cost
- Markets & locations in primary & secondary markets which are displaying notable employment & economic growth
- The asset must present an opportunity to create value through the installment of a skilled management team
- Turnaround feature: The GHMI team must identify a correctable physical or operational disadvantage of the property, which can be rectified with thoughtful asset & property management, re-branding, and renovation.
In both development & acquisition projects, disposition strategies will be geared towards institutional buyers and private equity.